Sometimes you just need pancakes – this is the recipe I use. It’s a slight variation on the recipe found here: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/9199871590/cinnamon-and-coconut-pancakes#
Each pancake contains approximately:
Calories – 39 kcal
Fat – 2.5g
Saturated – 1g
Carbs – 2g
Sugars – 0.9g
Protein – 1.6g
Ingredients (will make about 12 pancakes with a 3-4” diameter):
• 2 large eggs
• 3 tbsp coconut/almond milk
• 1 mashed ripe banana
• ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 1½ tbsp of coconut flour
• ½ tsp cinnamon – this can be adjusted to taste but I wouldn’t add much more than 1 tsp
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• 1 small pinch of salt
• coconut oil
How to make them:
• First mash the bananas. Then, in the same bowl add the eggs, milk, cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
• Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
• As soon as the coconut oil has melted add a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan.
• When bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake (after about 90 seconds), flip the pancake and cook for about another 30 seconds.